Your package includes:
- Phone (with pre-inserted SIM card), Travel Charger and Phone Instruction Manual
- A card with your phone number and PIN code printed on it
- Welcome letter
- User guide for the service
- The United States Cingular service comes with a $5 global phonecard
Note: With the United States Cingular, Australian Optus and Canadian Fido services, the SIM card is not inserted in the phone. If you ordered a SIM card, you will receive the above (excluding the Phone, Travel Charger and Phone Instruction Manual) and you will need to insert the SIM card into your own phone. How to install a SIM card
When you receive your package:
- Check that the SIM card is correctly inserted and secure.
* The SIM card is the small plastic card located in the back of the phone, usually under the battery. If the SIM card hasn’t been pre-inserted, insert the SIM card into your phone. How to install a SIM card
- If you have purchased a phone, attach the battery to the phone and then charge the phone. New phone batteries should be charged for 8-12 hours the first time to ensure the battery is fully charged.
- Turn the phone on, then enter the PIN and press OK.
* Your PIN is a four digit code printed on the card included in your package. If you enter your PIN incorrectly 3 times, your phone will be blocked. You must then enter the PUK code to unblock the phone. Contact Customer Service if you require assistance.
- When the phone registers with an available network (30-120 seconds), the phone is ready to make a call.